Website Privacy Statement
St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union respects your right to privacy and complies with its obligations under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The goal of this website privacy statement is to help you understand how our Credit Unions deals with any personal data you provide when you visit its website or interact with the Credit Union online. It also outlines your rights as a data subject with respect to personal data the Credit Union might store through your interaction with us both online and offline. This privacy statement will give you a better understanding of:
- What information we collect;
- How we use that information;
- Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation;
- How we protect your Data;
- How this information is shared.
We will not collect any personal information about you on this website without your consent. Any personal information which you volunteer to us will be treated with the highest standards of data security and confidentiality, strictly in accordance General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
By visiting the St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union website, you are accepting the terms of our website privacy statement.
What type of information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you visit our website using Google Analytics for statistical analysis purposes, for example, we may disclose the total number of visits to our website. Apart from information that you volunteer to St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union either by emailing us or by filling out a form e.g. Contact US Form, St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union does not collect any personal data about you on this website. If you send us an email, we may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give us. We do not make your personal data available to any third parties, unless obliged to disclose such information by a rule of law. Any information that you provide is used by St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union solely for the purposes for which it is provided. If we do collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. We will comply with our obligations and safeguard your rights under the GDPR at all times.
What are your rights as a Data Subject?
As a data subject you have a number of rights which are summarised below. Some of these only apply in specific circumstances and are qualified in several respects by exemptions in data protection legislation. We will advise you in our response if we are relying on any such exemptions.
- Access to personal data: You have a right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. Should you wish to make such a Subject Access request, please email to email@example.com
- You should include sufficient information to clearly identify yourself as well as any other relevant information that will reasonably assist us in fulfilling your request. Your request will be dealt with as soon as possible (within 30 days under GDPR).
- Right to Correction of personal data: You can request us to rectify any personal data that we are processing about you which is inaccurate.
- Right to withdraw consent: Under the new regulation consent should be freely given, specific, informed and provided via an unambiguous indication. Where we have relied upon your consent to process your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right of erasure: You can request us to erase your personal data where there is no compelling reason to continue processing. This right only applies in certain circumstances, it is not a guaranteed or absolute right.
- Right to data portability: You can request us to provide your personal data to you in a format which enables you to transfer that personal data to another organisation. You may have the right to have your personal data transferred by us directly to third party organisations if this is technically feasible.
- Right to restrict processing of personal data: In certain circumstances you can request us to suspend our processing of your personal data. Where we suspend our processing of your personal data we will still be permitted to store your personal data, but any other processing of this information will require your consent, subject to certain exemptions.
- Right to object to processing of personal data: You have the right to object to our use of your personal data which is processed on the basis of our legitimate interests. However, we may continue to process your personal data, despite your objection, where there are compelling legitimate business reasons to do so or we need to process your personal data in connection with any legal claims.
How do we protect your data?
We recognise that online data protection and security is of vital importance for all our clients. Therefore, it is essential we provide you with confidence in the security of your personal data before you process your personal data on our website, for example when you register your personal details through our contact form.
We use a variety of security measures to securely process your personal information when you interact with our website. Our advanced security techniques are governed by a mature IT infrastructure and framework. As the security of communications via the internet is not completely secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you disclose using your internet connection. You accept the inherent security implications of using the internet. We will not accept liability for any direct, consequential, incidental, indirect, or punitive losses or damages arising from your use of online communications.
Do we disclose any personal data to third-parties?
St. Joseph’s Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union do not sell or trade your personally identifiable information to third-parties. For general web browsing no personal information is revealed to us.
Your information will only be shared with selected third-party service providers, contracted by the Credit Union, to the extent necessary for the purpose of providing our services to you and for the completion of contracts entered into by you.
We will retain your personal information for the purpose of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements. We may hold your personal information for a period of seven years from the data of completion of any contract with you, whichever is later by reference to the stature of limitations for a legal claim under contract. We may hold your personal information for longer than required to do so by law.
Transfers outside the European Economic Area
We may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area. These countries do not always afford an equivalent level of privacy protection and in such circumstances, we take specific steps, in accordance with data protection law and to protect your personal information. In particular, for transfers of personal data outside the EEA where there is no adequacy decision by the European Commission we may rely on contractual protection approved by the European Commission.
We may analyse your personal information by automated means to make assessments on your creditworthiness and repayment capacity when you apply for a product or service. We will use this analysis to assist us in make a decision on whether to provide you with credit such as loan or overdraft facility.
We may also use automated processing to assist in compliance with our legal obligation in connection with prevention of, money laundering, fraud and terrorist financing.
If you have any cause for complaint about our use of your personal data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will endeavour to resolve the issue. If we are unable to resolve the issue, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Commissioner of Ireland’s Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
For further information about your rights, please contact Data Protection Commission.
Changes to our Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to make changes to our web privacy statement at any time without prior consultation; these changes will be posted on this page together with the privacy statement revision date.
Published on 01/06/2018
If there are any questions regarding this Privacy Statement you may contact us using the information below. Our clients may submit inquiries regarding personal data protection, privacy and security concerns to email@example.com
St Josephs Irish Airports and Aviation Credit Union